Certified Japanese Sarbanes Oxley Expert (CJSOXE)
J-SOX is the unofficial term that refers to Japan’s Financial Instruments and Exchange Law, that was promulgated by the Japanese National Diet in June 2006. J-SOX refers to other laws, guidelines and standards as well.
All public companies listed on the stock exchanges in Japan are required to prepare and submit internal control reports on a consolidated basis, for fiscal years beginning on or after April 1, 2008.
Most of the 3,800 listed Japanese companies have a March 31 fiscal year end, so management’s first filing of an evaluation of its internal controls will be for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2009.
The reach of J-SOX extends to subsidiaries outside Japan (in the USA and Europe for example), because the provisions apply to the company as a whole. The subsidiaries (outside Japan) are involved in the testing and documentation of internal processes and controls.
The seminar has been designed to provide managers, professionals, process owners and consultants working in subsidiaries of companies listed in Japan, with the knowledge and skills needed to understand and support compliance with the laws, regulations and administrative provisions that are called J-SOX.
This seminar covers all the necessary knowledge for the Certified JSOX Expert (CJSOXE) exam.
This course is highly recommended for:
- Decision Makers, Managers and Officers working in subsidiaries of companies listed in Japan
- Risk Officers
- Compliance Officers
- IT Managers and Professionals
- Process Owners
- Management Consultants
- J-SOX: The international project
- The reach of J-SOX extends to subsidiaries outside Japan because the provisions apply to the company as a whole
- Understanding the environment
- The Financial Services Agency (FSA, Japan)
- The Certified Public Accountants and Auditing Oversight Board (CPAAOB, Japan)
- The Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission (SESC, Japan)
- The Financial Instruments and Exchange Act (FIEA)
- Article 24, Section 4, Paragraph 2 (Submission of Confirmation Letter for Annual Securities Report) – similar to Section 302 of the US Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Article 24, Section 4, Paragraph 4 (System for Ensuring Appropriateness of Statements on Finance and Accounting and Other Information) and Article 193, Section 2, Paragraph 2 (Audit Certification by Certified Public Accountants or Audit Firm) - similar to Section 404 of the US Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Article 193-2 (Audit Certification by Certified Public Accountants or Audit Firm)
- The Certified Public Accountants Act
- JICPA (Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants) - Quality Control Review System
- The Auditing System in Japan
- Auditing and Assurance Practice Committee Statement No.82 - Practical Guidance for Audits of Internal Control over Financial Reporting, October 24, 2007
- On the Setting of the Standards and Practice Standards for Management Assessment and Audit concerning Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (Council Opinions)” (2/15/2007)
- System Management Standards - Guidance for IT Controls over Financial Reporting
- 11 Misunderstandings of J-SOX
- Basic Guidelines on Information Requirements and Inspection on Foreign Audit Firms etc. by the Certified Public Accountants and Auditing Oversight Board
- Outline of Cabinet Office Ordinance Regarding Foreign Audit Firms